Saturday, June 13, 2009

A break from the norm

Today is going to be a little different. I was going to write about Mehmet Ali Agca because his story is REALLY weird. And on this day in 2000, he was officially pardoned in Italy at the Pope's request. Anyway, just read up about the guy, it's interesting. After all, how many stories do you know of that start with "While waiting to assassinate the Pope, he wrote postcards to pass the time,"?

But I thought it would be more interesting to get into a movie idea I've had because I think this would be a GREAT flick to see:

Thundercats

This would just be awesome to see live actors in. I haven't cast the whole group, but I've come up with the main ones at least. As you'll recall, the Thundercats were cat-like humanoid creatures from the planet Thundera. The plot is way too complex to try to explain here. In fact, I don't think I ever really understood the plot when I was a kid and watched the show. Yeah, I definitely didn't. But it was a sweet show.

Come to think of it, after reading the plot synopsis on Wikipedia just now, I still don't feel I understand it.

Ok, so the plot of the movie would have to be dumbed-down a lot to make more sense and to capture a larger audience. Something like, "Oh no, we cat-humanoid aliens have to flee our planet from the evil bad guys! We escaped to another planet but they're still after the special sword! Let's make friends with some of the creatures on this planet and run from others!" I think that would be sufficient. Except they'd need to end up on Earth somehow because we like to see heroes on Earth.

Lion-O: Ok, follow me on this one. Rupert Grint. That's right. He's known as Ron Weasley to the world, but I think he could pull off Lion-O. This picture clearly shows he's beefed up a little bit and with the right trainer (Sylvester Stallone), I think he could really rack in the muscle tone. He'd have to lose the accent though. In fact, we might need a voice-over all together.

Tygra: Again, this might stretch your imagination, but Kelsey Grammar. He was a phenomenal Beast in X-Men III. And Tygra's the scientist who provides wisdom and counsel. He's just a perfect fit. And I think he could pull off the voice.



Panthro: This one's obvious. Ving Rhames. The dude's name is Ving for crying out loud. How sweet is that?




Cheetara: Ok, this one was tough. I could probably name a dozen actresses that could fit the role, but I needed one who was skinny yet fit, blonde yet tough. I concluded that Kirsten Dunst would be a good match.



WilyKit and WilyKat: I wish the Olsen twins were younger. I think they could have pulled this off nicely. Even though WilyKat is technically male. So ultimately I decided on Dakota Fanning for WilyKit and Freddie Highmore for WilyKat.

Whew, that was tough work, putting all those pictures together!

Ok, so today's post wasn't incredibly funny, but hey, you're now vividly picturing the greatest film of all time, in the pre-production stage.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Snarf would probably be played by Danny DeVito.

Pictures:
Thundercats
Lion-O
Tygra
Panthro
Cheetara
WilyKit and WilyKat
Snarf
Rupert Grint
Kelsey Grammar
Ving Rhames
Kirsten Dunst
Freddie Highmore
Dakota Fanning
Danny DeVito

No comments:

Post a Comment